|Find other appliances, electronics, equipment,
& machinery by:
|If you are tired of the confusion and the
clutter that comes with having
remote for your TV, VCR, DVD
a universal remote control will
let you operate
all of your A/V equipment with
just one remote.
When buying a universal remote,
some features to consider:
If you purchase a high-tech remote
are people in the house that
will be using
it but who aren't as technology
you are (such as young children),
purchasing a second, more simpler
or one that has been designed
- The ability to manually program any missing
features if the remote comes preprogrammed.
- The capability to program the remote by going
to the manufacturer's website and download
any needed programming for easy and quick
- Macro's that let you program a series of
commands (turn on the DVD, turn on the TV,
select the station, for example) and push
one button to perform all commands for quicker
and easier operation.
- Back lit buttons so you can operate the remote
in dim light.
- A LCD display screen for showing information.
- A touch screen LCD, if you like an ultra-sophisticated
look and feel to your remote. It should include
the ability to customize the order/position
of the "buttons" and to eliminate
any "buttons" you don't use.
- A locater button so you can find the remote
when you've misplaced it.