||Water Garden Pumps
Pumps provide water gardens with the splash
and sparkle of moving water. They can also
block out undesirable background noises.
Small waterfalls and streams provide dramatic
focal points that draw the eye toward a part
of the landscape the gardener wishes to highlight.
Installing a pump is not hard. |
The following should be considered
a pump for a water garden:
- Determine whether a submersible or external
pump is needed.
- Consider how many gallons of water the pump
can move per hour. A pump that
at least half the total volume
of water in
an hour is best. A water garden
with a waterfall
or stream will need a more
- Check the energy efficiency of the pump.
Magnetic driven pumps use less electricity
than direct driven types.
- The electrical cord should be long enough
to run 6 feet away from the water to the
- If you need a filter, check to see if the
pump comes with a prefilter.
If you are not sure, buy a more
pump. You can always restrict
the flow of
water with a valve.