Balding -- the process of losing hair from
one's head -- is a problem that affects millions
of men and women.
Your choices include:
- cosmetic - only helpful if you are suffering
from hair thinning. Sprays and chemicals
are used to thicken the hair and darken the
scalp to give the illusion of denser hair.
- diet, medicine, and treatment changes - some
baldness is the result of what we consume
or poor scalp care. Similarly, what we eat
and the medicines we take can also result
in temporary baldness (chemotherapy, for
example). Changes in these habits can restore
- hair growth medicines - recent years have
seen the introduction of medicines such as
minoxidil (Rogaine) that can restart hair
growth in some individuals.
- hair implants - by surgically transplanting
live hair follicles from other areas of your
body, you can "reseed" hair growth.
- wigs and hair pieces - natural and synthetic
wigs and hair pieces can be good solutions
that cover up the problem.
Finally, many choose the "all
approach, accept the fact that
they are becoming
bald, and follow in the footsteps
many famous people that simply