If you are one of those families where schedules
force everyone to eat at a different time
or you do a lot of entertaining, you know
how difficult it is to keep food warm but
not dried out. The solution is an increasingly
popular appliance called a "warming
drawer," which keeps cooked food warm,
tasteful, and appetizing for up to four hours.
When considering a warming drawer,
some options to keep in mind:
- Although commonly installed beneath a kitchen
wall oven, warming drawers can be installed
in a pantry, dining room, or anywhere else
it is convenient for serving the food. Some
models can even be installed by an outside
cooking area if you do a lot of outdoor entertaining.
- Warming drawers come in a variety of sizes.
Select one that will fit into the area you
want and has a large enough capacity to handle
the needs of your family and for entertaining.
- Models with variable temperature and humidity
settings allow you to precisely set the best
temperature and moisture levels for your
- Indicator lights let you know when the warming
drawer is on.
- An automatic shut off feature prevents accidentally
leaving the warming drawer on after using
- Multiple racks that adjust and/or are removable
give you greater flexibility in arranging
your foods in the drawer for maximum space
- Bread proofing (rising) and plate warming
settings are available on some models.
- Models with towel racks let you keep oven
mitts and towels handy.