See Other River2u Commonsense Guides
      Insurance  »
Flood Insurance

Most basic home policies do not cover floods. Any damage to your home or property is your responsibility unless you have flood insurance. If you live in an area that is prone to flooding, then you should consider flood insurance to be a must.

In general, insurance companies are reselling federal flood insurance, and so the major differentiation is the service of the insurance (payment of claims, etc.). However, companies do set their own rates, so you should check out the providers listed on the right. To make sure you get the best rate, apply to several companies and then compare the rates and terms they offer.

As a service to you, we are experimenting with providing additional product information:
Questions, Comments, Suggestions, & Corrections 2005,2006 CliqueFriends, LLC