||Office Chairs - Ergonomic Desk Chairs
Perhaps the most important piece of office
furniture is the chair you sit in almost
every hour of your working day. Ergonomic
chairs promote comfort and support and can
help you feel less tired at the end of the
day. They can help prevent back and hip pain.
These chairs come in a wide variety of models
and prices. Aerons, Mirras, Leaps, Girsbergers,
Bodybilts and Freedoms are leading brand
names. All of these can easily be ordered
The following should be considered
an ergonomic desk chair:
- The chair should have a high, wide contoured
back that takes the weight
off your lower
- Arm rests should be wide and soft.
- A sloped front seat edge will relieve pressure
on the thighs and reduce restriction
- Make sure the suspension system will evenly
distribute weight. The chair
back comfortably. It should
also lock in
a forward tilting position
for proper support
when using the keyboard.
- The backrest and seat should move together
for correct support in all
- The chair should be adjustable:
- the seat should adjust for height.
- the arm rests should adjust for height and
- the head rest should adjust for height.
- Chairs with more than four feet will be more
- For maximum comfort order the chair with
an air lumber support.
Almost all desk chairs have castors.
intend to use the chair on carpeting,
hard castors; however, soft castors
for hard wood floors.